Saturday, August 25, 2012

Progress on All Fronts

The old tractor mowed the entire lawn flawlessly today.  I even went across the street and mowed the five foot tall weeds in the ditch.  It did it without a hiccup.   Not really a big deal in itself but the change from the months of tractor-related frustration is worth celebrating.



Before I did that, I took Ruth, the old Jeep (named for Festus' Mule on Gunsmoke) and a trailer load of branches and such to the dump, filled her and a 5 gallon can up and made it home without any parts falling off either of us.


I have decided that I will load a minimum of 50 rounds of something every week.  That will keep me coming back to the reloading room and will take away one thing that has hindered my getting to a range lately.  That thing being lack of ammo.


The range on my buddy's farm is already underwater and we should get some more rain out of Mr. Isaac starting tomorrow so I have time to do a lot of loading even at just 50 rounds per week.




OK.  The range isn't quite that bad but it is underwater.


In what was perhaps my best  ever gun show reloading deal, I was able, some years back, to buy four Little Dandy measures and a cigar box full of  every rotor made for it for $40.


 I usually keep one on a CH  'H Press' because I put together a home made internal funnel contraption to adapt the measures to my charging dies and its a good way to keep track of the funnel.   When I'm not planning to load on a Communist  Progressive press, I usually use the CH because its fast enough for me.





Went into the reloading room thinking I'd load my 50 this evening but the wrong rotor for what I wanted to load was in the measure.  Either that or I had put a different Little Dandy on that particular press to load something different.   Anyway, I didn't feel like changing things around so I decided to kick back and write about it instead.

No comments: